I’ve developed an eight-step roadmap to take your business international.
This export roadmap is based on work I’ve done with numerous companies plus Government export agencies. It’s practical, easy to understand and results orientated.
“My number one goal was to have an international business of some sort, opening in Paris, opening in Tokyo, opening in Singapore for example, that was always my dream, and so it came about.”David Myers
Going global is a strategic choice
There are many compelling reasons to export. They include extra revenue, improving corporate image, protecting against domestic downturns, or strengthening competitiveness.
Today the world is more global and ever closer, where can your business go?
There are good examples of companies – Coca-Cola is one – that invested before there was a huge market in countries, and I think that ended up playing out to their benefit for decades to come.mark zuckerberg
Choosing the right export markets is key
Many companies that I’ve met in my thirty years of international business make the ‘Where to go?’ decision based on what others are doing. Or they choose countries that are topical, or make this decision based on a simple hunch. “It seems like a good idea,” is a comment I hear all too often.
Exporters can dramatically increase their probability of success by choosing the right markets. In reality some export markets are easier and offer greater returns than others. Choose the wrong market and the export journey will be long, involve lots of hard work and probably will be loss-making.
Follow a structured export approach
Taking a structured approach, using key tools, techniques and check lists will maximise your chance for success and minimise risks.
Above all the export roadmap ensures you take objective, fact based decisions to select and then execute in the right markets.
Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a very long time agowarren buffett
Export e-learning programme
Export and Expand’s e-learning programme follows the export roadmap.
The programme consists of:-
- 8 lessons. One lesson for each step of the export roadmap
- Each lesson is broken into modules. There are between 2 and 5 modules per lesson.
- There are 24 videos, one for each module. Each video is between 15-25 minutes in length
- Each module introduces key tools, techniques and check lists to improve your chances of export success
- At the end of every module there is a quiz to check comprehension. There are also optional assignments for discussion within your business
- Downloadable slides to accompany each video
- Export Select market market attractiveness vs. ability to compete model
- Export business plan template